Friday, February 10, 2006

one more time ?

... and then she sat up and cuddled against me. i gave her a little squeeze. was she feeling cold. or was is just the urge to cuddle. either way, it felt so good. i'll just hug her tight. on second thought, maybe i should give her my jacket.
"why dont you offer me your jacket and maybe i shall think you are a gentleman"
she always knew what i was thinking. wish i could too. right then. i took off my jacket and helped her pull it on. she had this little wicked smile on her, which turned into a giggle as she got up and walked a few steps from the park bench. she turned around. looked straight at me. it was one helluva freeze frame. what do i do. what do i do now.
with a graceful toss of her hair, she turned and started running across the park. i quickly picked our shoes and started after her. i caught up with her somewhere down the middle, grabbed her arm and swung her into an tight embrace.
"you are crushing me"
she said it slowly, but i knew she liked it. i wasnt going to let go of her. not just now.
"take me home, please"
_______

... i put her into bed, adjusted her sheets. she handed me a book. it had become a ritual these days. i would read to her every night, till she slept. The Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway. i wasnt such a fan of Hemingway, but she liked this book, it spoke of spring and how there would always be one. i sat next to her and started reading. she locked her arm into mine tightly. i would read and she would turn the pages.
after a while, i felt her grip break loose. she was falling asleep. careful not to wake her, i tucked her into the sheets softly. i got up, fixed myself a drink and sat on the chair by the bed.
"honey, i will always be there when u wake up", blew her a kiss.
oh, how lovely she looked. a chill ran down my spine. there was a rush of blood inside. heart beating faster. i was falling in love.
can you fall in love again with someone you already love ...

3 Comments:

Blogger someonesgirl said...

Aw, yes you can! I have done it before.

Your such a romantic...*sigh*

4:30 AM  
Blogger ramblings said...

You are completely awesome!!
And Yes, you can, I like to think it happens all the time.
But it is awesome when it happens to you.

11:32 AM  
Blogger DD said...

My my ...

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home