Wednesday, March 01, 2006

speed breaker

i have to stop the world and let this be known. it had gotten me very excited. this is about pal who was with me at college. now he's a software programmer in bangalore. its a proud moment for me to announce what he has done. he has provided a one-stop-shop for two of the most celebrated literary works to come out of India. a very commendable job. three cheers pal.
Gitanjali is a nobel prize winner by Rabindranath Tagore. its an anthology of poems originally written in the Bengali language. this site offers the english translations of all of the 103 poems in the anthology.
Thirukural also known as sacred couplets is a collection of aphorisms written by Thiruvalluvar originally in the Tamil language. now this site provides the english translations of the thought provoking lines.
truly amazing.
talking about one-stop-shops check out Dear Al. here is the one-stop-solution-provider for everyday problems, already with an enviable clientele.
while you are checking out all those links, here is the last word. Big in 05. presenting the annual weblog awards. time to wonder why you dint make it on that list.

3 Comments:

Blogger ramblings said...

Ummm, way KUDOES to yaour PAL!!

I liked that saying you said on my blog. I'm trying to find it somewhere.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Dear AL said...

Thanks for the shoutout, Balls!

Those Weblog Awards are pathetic! They should have left the popularity contests back in High School. How can anybody have a blog award for blogs when there is over millions of blogs out there?

Anyways, I hope you have a nice weekend!

1:28 AM  
Blogger ramblings said...

I forgot to say earlier when I commented, That I didn't win cuz I wasn't cool enough, And my posts aren't funny nor do they say alot of significant shit.

It's just a bunch of blah blahness to me.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home