Sunday, March 05, 2006

manic monday

" Six o'clock already I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late 'cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days when you wish your bed was already made.
Have to catch an early train, got to be to work by nine
And if I had an air-o-plane, I still couldn't make it on time
'Cause it takes me so long just to figure out what I'm gonna wear
Blame it on the train but the boss is already there.
It's just another manic Monday (oh-woe)
I wish it was Sunday (oh-woe)
'Cause that's my Funday (oh-woe)
My I don't have to runday (oh)
It's just another manic Monday."

wonderful song, aint it. Bangles. god, i love them.
never did think something like this would happen to me. slept late last night, as usual, one of the advantages of a bachelor's apartment, u just dont look at the clock. woke up at 7.30, surprisingly, i reached for the remote, still in bed. the oscar ceremony was on Live. ok so i will just go a little late to office. was cool cos i wasnt in a 9 to 5 job. i went to office only a few days in a year. today was to be one of them. the oscars were dragging on. why cant they just announce it all at once. dont they know people gotta get to office. quite reluctantly, i got up from bed and got ready. as i was stepping out, king kong won an oscar for something. caught a train and reached Mumbai's corporate district. so far so good.
was never so good with the dress code. a nice formal shirt and trouser is definitely in. add a tie. with this i am usually wearing a cap and a reebok. well, quite a few friends have tried in vain to improve my dress sense. why do they even bother. i was wearing a nice tie today, though. hailed a taxi. as i was getting in, something caught on my trouser and it tore. i swore out loud. ( censored ). "mayday! mayday! houston, we have a problem". what the f. i just sat in the cab, afraid to look. i felt for the tear. perfectly placed on my ass. what do i do now. a hundred and seventeen options came to my mind. abort mission. it wasnt so important anyway. we had reached my company by that time. i paid the guy and quickly ducked into a nearby restaurant.
i asked my neighbour how bad it was, he just showed me all his teeth. right then. i took out my shirt to cover the tear. decided to walk back to the station this time. i was feeling a little uneasy. all around there were lovely ladies and gents in the best corporate wear. but as i walked i realised nobody really cared. they were all too busy with their own lives to notice one unlucky bugger on the streets next to them. blogtime i thought, with a coke, perhaps.
i dont like mondays ...

4 Comments:

Blogger cristina said...

i feel for you. same thing happened to me in public. i used to be part of a mime group, and we all wore black (trousers and shirts). My trousers happened to be a bit tight, so when we all bent down to do a movement in front of a 5000 spectator audience, my trousers went "crack". The loudest crack i heard in my life. Public humiliation.....
HAPPY MONDAY!

11:51 PM  
Blogger ramblings said...

Oh Mondays suck alright! I hate them with a passion, but then you know if it was like a Saturday and that was your first day of work every week we'd hate that day too.

It's not the day so much as WORK! Thats what sucks. I'm happy nobody saw your rip though. What did your undies llok like? Could you have used them in your out-fit ensamble?

6:48 AM  
Blogger someonesgirl said...

Yeah, what did your underoose look like, ey?

It's just another manic monday...la,la, la...

12:34 PM  
Blogger Dear AL said...

The loudest crack I ever heard is when this guy kneed me in the balls while we was playing Flag football, but nothing tore. It didn't happen on a Monday, it was on dreaded Tuesday!

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home